Pharmacological action of the drug is provided by the chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine hydrochloride that enter it. Chondroitin sulfate is a high molecular weight mucopolysaccharide (mm 20000-30000), which is found in significant amounts in various types of connective tissue, In particular cartilaginous (serves as an additional substrate for the formation of a cartilaginous matrix).
And also chondroitin:
- affects the phosphorus-calcium metabolism in the cartilaginous tissue;
- slows the resorption of bone tissue and reduces the loss of calcium, accelerates the recovery of bone tissue;
- inhibits the process of degeneration of cartilaginous tissue, stimulates the processes of regeneration of articular cartilage, facilitates the restoration of the joint bag, the cartilaginous surfaces of the joints;
- maintains the viscosity of the synovial fluid, prevents the compression of connective tissue and plays the role of a kind of lubrication of articular surfaces;
- Slows the progression of osteoarthritis, alleviates its symptoms, reduces the need for NAI
- Normalizes metabolism in hyaline tissue, stimulates the formation of hyaluron, the synthesis of proteoglycans and type II collagen.
- protects hyaluron from enzymatic digestion, including lysosomal enzymes, which leads to destruction of connective tissue.
Glucosamine is an endogenous substance, it is a part of proteoglycans and glycosaminoglycans.
- Activates the synthesis of proteoglycans, hyaluronic, chondroitinsulfuric acids and other substances, which are a building material for articular membranes, intraarticular fluid and cartilage, enhances the production of the cartilaginous matrix;
- normalizes the deposition of calcium in bone tissue;
- provides nonspecific protection of cartilage from chemical damage, incl. Caused by NSAIDs and glucocorticoids;
- has a moderate anti-inflammatory effect;
- with systematic application slows the progression of degenerative processes in the joints, spine and near-vertebral soft tissues.
The combination of chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine hydrochloride participates in the biosynthesis of connective tissue, prevents the destruction of cartilage and stimulates the regeneration of cartilaginous tissue.
As a result of the interaction of the two components, a regenerating, anti-inflammatory, analgesic effect is provided, which improves the mobility of the joints. Regular intake reduces the need for NAI , And this means improving the quality of life of patients.
Indications for use
The combination of glucosamine and chondroitin is recommended for children, adults and the elderly in the complex treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system and other conditions accompanied by degenerative-dystrophic changes in the tissues of the articular cartilage.
- primary and secondary osteoarthrosis I - II degree, osteoporosis, parodontopathy;
- Shoulder-scapular periarthritis; Osteochondrosis, spondylosis, patellar chondromalacia;
- fractures (to accelerate the formation of bone calluses);
- degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the joints and spine.
There are contraindications, before use, consult with the doctor!