Antifungal agent, derivatoethiazol. Mechanism of action is associated with pronounced inhibition of the cytochrome P450-dependent 14α-demethylase enzyme of the fungal cell and, as a result, by suppressing the synthesis of the main component of the fungal cell wall ergosterol. Highly active in relation to Candidaspp., Miсrosporumspp., Trichoptytonspp., Cryptococcusneoformans,Blastomycesdermatitidis,Coccidioidesimmitis, Histoplasmacapsulatum.
Indications for use
-Cryptococcosis, including cryptococcal meningitis and other localizations of this infection (including lungs, skin), both in patients with normal immune response, and in patients with various forms of immunosuppression (Including those with AIDS, organ transplantation);
- the drug can be used to prevent cryptococcal infection in AIDS patients;
- genitalized candidiasis, including candidemia, disseminated candidiasis and other forms of invasive candidiasis infection (in t.ch. Peritoneal, endocardial, eye, respiratory and urinary tract infections). Treatment can be performed in patients with malignant neoplasms, in intensive care units, in patients receiving cytotoxic or immunosuppressive agents, and in the presence of other factors predisposing to the development of candidiasis;
- Candidiasis of mucous membranes, incl. Oral cavity and pharynx (including atrophic candidiasis of the oral cavity, associated with the wearing of dentures), esophagus, non-invasive bronchopulmonary infections, candiduria; Prevention of recurrence of oropharyngeal candidiasis in AIDS patients;
- Genital candidiasis: treatment of vaginal candidiasis (acute and chronic recurrent), preventive use to reduce the frequency of recurrences of vaginal candidiasis (3 or more episodes a year); Candida balanitis;
- prevention of fungal infections in patients with malignant neoplasms that are predisposed to such infections as a result of cytotoxic chemotherapy or radiation therapy; - mycosis of the skin, including mycosis of the feet, body, inguinal region, pityriasis, onychomycosis and skin candidiasis.
There are contraindications, before use, consult with the doctor!